2 or 3 large duck breasts
1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
2 tbsp honey
2 large free-range eggs, beaten
250g cooked or microwaveable rice
100g frozen peas
A bunch of spring onions, sliced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Slash the skin of the duck breasts and rub in 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan and cook the duck, skin- side down, over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes, until the skin is crispy. Drain off most of the fat, then turn over.
- Drizzle over 2 tbsp honey and transfer to the oven for 10 minutes, until the juices are sticky and the duck is cooked but pink in the middle. Remove the duck, cover and rest.
- In the same pan, add the eggs and quickly stir-fry for 1 minute on the hob. Add the rice and frozen peas and toss together well for a few more minutes, until coated in the egg. Add a bunch of spring onions, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil, then remove from the heat.
- Divide the rice between serving bowls. Slice the duck into strips and serve on top of the rice, drizzled with its resting juices.